Proper lawn care and maintenance are imperative to keep your lawn green and vibrant. To do this, you must ensure your lawn absorbs the nutrients, water, and oxygen it needs. An excellent way to do this is lawn aeration.
At Westside Grounds, we provide numerous landscaping and maintenance services, including lawn aeration in Denver. Read on to see why it’s essential to aerate your lawn and contact one of our representatives to see how lawn aeration services in Denver can help you.
What Is Lawn Aeration?
Lawn aeration is a gardening technique where you perforate holes a few inches deep in the soil. These holes “open up” the lawn, allowing it to breathe. Vital nutrients, oxygen, and water can then penetrate the soil, and the grassroots then absorb them.
When Should I Aerate My Lawn?
The following are signs that you should aerate your lawn:
- Dry lawn. If your lawn seems dry, it is likely not absorbing enough water and nutrients to grow.
- Compacted soil. Compacted soil looks unhealthy and can have patches of dead grass. Compacted soil is a sign your grass is not getting enough water and air supply.
- Lawn thatch. Lawn thatch refers to a dead layer of grass that can block the roots from getting air, water, and nutrients.
- Water accumulation. Look for puddles left after sprinklers or a rainstorm. Water accumulation is a sign that the roots are not absorbing water.
Contact our lawn aeration experts if you notice any of these signs.
What Types of Equipment Is Used to Aerate?
Lawn aeration can be done professionally or DIY. There are various types of lawn aeration equipment, such as the following:
- Spike lawn aerators,
- Rolling lawn aerators, and
- Plug lawn aerators,
Doing the aeration yourself involves investment in equipment. And you have to learn the techniques and secrets to aeration. And don’t forget about continued maintenance.
But did you know that you don’t have to do it all yourself?
Contact our aeration specialists at Westside Grounds. Our professionals will take care of all your aeration needs.
Why Should I Aerate My Lawn?
If you don’t aerate your lawn, the soil will become compacted. The roots won’t absorb the nutrients and water. Without this, your lawn will shrivel, and dead lawn patches will appear.
How Often Should I Aerate My Lawn?
It depends on the lawn and soil type. Sometimes, you need to aerate once or twice a year. Other times, you need to aerate once every couple of years.
The best time to aerate is in the fall and spring months. Never aerate your lawn during the winter months when the ground is frozen.
You should also never aerate your lawn if the soil is too dry. It will be hard to perforate the soil. Aerate when the soil is more moist. The best time to do this is after you watered the lawn or after a rainstorm. However, the soil should not be too wet either.
What Are the Benefits of an Aerated Lawn?
The following are the benefits of an aerated lawn:
- Contributes to a healthy lawn. If a lawn is aerated, then the water, oxygen, and nutrients can sink into the soil and be absorbed by the roots. This means the grass can thrive.
- Improves curb appeal. An aerated lawn will increase the attractiveness and beauty of your entire property.
- Prevents the growth of weeds. No one likes to see weeds invading their lawn and landscape. Lawn aeration helps to decrease the conditions that encourage weed growth.
- Increases property value. An appealing, well-maintained lawn can increase the property value of your home. This is important if you have plans to sell or rent your property.
- Promotes a friendly environment. It’s no secret that beautiful scenery promotes a happy mood and atmosphere in the neighborhood.
Let our lawn aeration experts help you reap the benefits of an aerated lawn.
Contact Westside Grounds for Your Denver Lawn Aeration
Westside Grounds was established in 1999. For 25 years, we have served the Lakewood and Denver communities as leaders and innovators in the landscaping and lawn care industry.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us to find out about aeration services.
And know that we do more than aeration. Our lawn and landscaping experts at Westside Grounds can also help you with the following:
- Sod installation,
- Lawn mowing,
- Insect control,
- Weed control,
- Fungus control
- Flower bed maintenance,
- Hedge trimming,
- Raking and cleaning,
- Landscape construction,
- Snow removal,
- Gutter cleaning, and
- Sprinkler repair.
We also will take care of lawn and landscape maintenance. With us, your lawn and landscape will be stunning all year long.
Contact Westside Grounds and learn about our lawn aeration service.